Ryan Valdez serves as Senior Director of Conservation Science for National Parks Conservation Association. As a member of the Conservation Programs team, he facilitates the application of multidisciplinary science to help protect US national parks.
Ryan is a wildlife and landscape ecologist with a strong interest in conservation mapping. He has managed projects throughout the Americas and East Africa and continues to lead George Mason University’s Kenya: Wildlife & Landscapes study abroad program. As a STEM career and academic mentor, Ryan has helped many students develop strategies toward employment opportunities and college and university level education.
Ryan holds degrees in wildlife and conservation science from three universities: Texas A&M University (B.S.), Yale University (MFS) and George Mason University (Ph.D.).
Maps by Ryan Valdez
- Parks in a Changing Climate
- Proposed Lone Star Coastal National Recreation Area Partners and Supporters
- African American Nation Builders in Our National Park System
- Parks in Peril
- US Coastal National Parks
- Stonewall National Monument