Located on Wall Street in New York City, Federal Hall is a memorial to America’s early government. In this place is where George Washington gave his inaugural oath, the Continental Congress met after the American Revolution, the First Congress met, and the Bill of Rights was constructed. After the seat of federal power moved to Philadelphia in 1790, the original building was eventually razed, and a second building was completed at the same site in 1842. This newer facility became the nation’s first customs house, as well as one of six federal treasury buildings storing millions of dollars’ worth of precious metals between 1862 and 1920. The memorial now houses a museum on Washington’s administration, including the original Bible from his inauguration.