These field reports provide timely updates and perspectives on issues of interest to our members and supporters in Alaska.
In the Winter 2017-2018 Alaska Regional Office Field Report we highlight:
- The U.S. Court of Appeal’s confirmation that the National Park Service has authority to restrict hovercraft on rivers and lakes in national parks and preserves.
- Our newest staffer, Erica Carroll, who joined our team in late October.
- Your chance to comment on a proposal to build the private Ambler Mining Road through 20 miles of Gates of the Arctic National Preserve.
- Reemergence of threats to bears and wolves in Alaska’s national preserves.
- The Environmental Protection Agency’s decision to reconsider mining proposals in Bristol Bay, threatening national parks and the region’s ecosystem.
- NPCA Region: