Join NPCA as we Rally at Rainier for a day of service on Saturday, July 28 in Mount Rainier National Park!
Together with The Mission Continues, a military veterans’ service organization, and the National Park Service, we’ll #FixOurParks at Mount Rainier. We are joining forces to improve the trail system around Paradise in preparation for the busy visitor season.
After the service project concludes, stick around the park and join NPCA and The Mission Continues for a BBQ at the Longmire Stewardship Campground at 4 p.m. Free camping is also available at the campground (see Other Info below for details).
WHAT: Rally at Rainier
WHEN: Saturday, July 28, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Check in at 8:45 a.m. Ranger talk will begin promptly at 9 a.m.
WHERE: Meet at the Paradise Ranger Station (located at the same parking lot as the Henry M. Jackson Visitor Center, halfway between the Visitor Center and the Paradise Inn). From there, we’ll disperse to service sites in the area.
WHO: Any and all volunteers ages 13+ are welcome! Volunteers under age 18 need a parent or guardian present.
RSVP: RSVP here. Direct questions to Julia Tesch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bring a lunch and plenty of water.
- Wear comfortable work clothes, closed-toe shoes, a hat and sunscreen. Be prepared for either cool rain or scorching sun!
- Free camping is available at the Longmire Stewardship Campground. Contact Julia Tesch at email@example.com by 5 p.m. Wednesday, July 18 to reserve a site.
- Join us and The Mission Continues for a BBQ after the project at 4 p.m. at the Longmire Stewardship Campground. Bring your own favorite food to toss on the grill – and we’ll provide condiments, chips and drinks to share.
- Tools and training provided.
We hope you will join us as we give back to Mount Rainier National Park.