From cover to cover, this book is the perfect collection for travel enthusiasts, photography aficionados, and American history buffs alike.
Americans have been flocking to America’s National Parks for generations. Now armchair travelers can go on a photographic journey from the comfort of their own home, as Time Home Entertainment Inc. and NPCA have released America's National Parks: An Insider's Guide to Unforgettable Places and Experiences.
America's National Parks: An Insider's Guide to Unforgettable Places and Experiences captures the experience of touring some of the country’s most notable places; whether it’s hiking through the giants of the Redwoods, biking along the carriage roads of Acadia, standing before the Lincoln Memorial, or wandering the ruins of Mesa Verde.
The 208-page book is divided into eight categories:
- The Mountains (including Grand Teton, Yellowstone, and Yosemite)
- The Red Rocks (including The Grand Canyon, Great Basin, and Petrified Forest)
- The Trees (including The Everglades, Redwoods, and Sequoia)
- The Middle (including The Great Lakes, The Great Smoky Mountains, and Tallgrass Prairie)
- The Desert (including Death Valley, Joshua Tree, and Saguaro)
- The Last Frontier (including Denali, Glacier Bay, and Lake Clark)
- The Coast (including Acadia, Biscayne, and Hawai’i)
- The History (including Gettysburg, San Antonio Missions, and the Washington Monument)
“You don’t need to backpack in the Rockies or snorkel in the Florida Keys to experience our national parks first-hand,” says Tom Kiernan, President of the National Parks Conservation Association. “Thanks to America’s National Parks, the best our nation has to offer in history, culture, wildlife, and scenic vistas are all right at your fingertips, simply by turning a page.”