Meetings for grizzly bear restoration options in the North Cascades ecosystem
March 3, 2015 to March 9, 2015
The wildest parts of Washington’s North Cascades mountains may still have grizzly bears, but the few remaining animals may not survive without some help. That’s why the National Park Service, along with other federal and state agencies, is launching a review of recovery choices for this iconic species.
Thursday, December 11, 2014
NPCA will be celebrating a year full of successes and volunteer involvement at the Klondike Gold Rush National Historic Park. We’ll enjoy a special after-hours viewing of the park exhibits, including a special tour with park Superintendent Jacqueline Ashwell. Please join us for some holiday cheer accompanied by drinks and desserts. For more information, contact Shannon Brundle at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 903-1457.
Organizations that hold related events in our region
- North Cascade Institute is dedicated to conserving and restoring Northwest environments through education. Programs and classes for all ages.
- Washington Trails Association is dedicated to preserving, enhancing and promoting hiking opportunities in Washington. Visit their website to learn about the best hikes, programs and opportunities to do trail work in local mountains.
- Earth Share of Washington. Visit Earth Share's website to learn about the latest news and events of Earth Share and its 29 Washington organizations. A schedule of workshops, lectures, trail maintenance work parties and more provides opportunities for all.
- Student Conservation Association is a nationwide force of high school and college-age volunteers who are committed to protecting and preserving the environment.
- Washington’s National Park Fund’s mission is to preserve and restore Mount Rainier, North Cascades and Olympic National Parks for current and future generations. The Fund goes beyond our National Parks’ operational work to develop creative partnerships that support Park preservation and restoration.
- The Mountaineers are dedicated to the preservation, exploration and enjoyment or outdoor and wilderness areas.