Ghost Bears: Studying Grizzly Bears in Washington’s North Cascades Ecosystem
April 28, 2015
Do you love bears? Have you seen a bear while visiting a national park in the Northwest? Are the North Cascades wild enough for grizzly bears--and are they already there? Join us in search of the elusive "ghost bears" of the North Cascades.
Organizations that hold related events in our region
- North Cascade Institute is dedicated to conserving and restoring Northwest environments through education. Programs and classes for all ages.
- Washington Trails Association is dedicated to preserving, enhancing and promoting hiking opportunities in Washington. Visit their website to learn about the best hikes, programs and opportunities to do trail work in local mountains.
- Earth Share of Washington. Visit Earth Share's website to learn about the latest news and events of Earth Share and its 29 Washington organizations. A schedule of workshops, lectures, trail maintenance work parties and more provides opportunities for all.
- Student Conservation Association is a nationwide force of high school and college-age volunteers who are committed to protecting and preserving the environment.
- Washington’s National Park Fund’s mission is to preserve and restore Mount Rainier, North Cascades and Olympic National Parks for current and future generations. The Fund goes beyond our National Parks’ operational work to develop creative partnerships that support Park preservation and restoration.
- The Mountaineers are dedicated to the preservation, exploration and enjoyment or outdoor and wilderness areas.