Ghost Bears: Studying Grizzly Bears in Washington’s North Cascades Ecosystem
November 3, 2014
Join us in search of the elusive Ghost Bears of the North Cascades. NPCA, Western Wildlife Outreach (WWO), and The Mountaineers are proud to present Ghost Bears: Studying Grizzly Bears in Washington’s North Cascades Ecosystem.
Return of the River screening at the Friday Harbor Film Festival
November 7, 2014 to November 8, 2014
Friday Harbor, WA
With the dam removal on the Elwha River complete, NPCA is pleased to be an official sponsor of Return of the River, a film about the largest dam removal project in the history of the United States, and the extraordinary effort to restore an ecosystem and set a river free.
Parks and Politics
November 12, 2014 to November 13, 2014
Ellensburg and Wenatchee, WA
Parks and Politics will be an informal discussion on the results of the election in terms of national parks, your Representative’s relationship to national parks, and what Congress might (or might not) be doing with issues facing our National Park System as this congressional session winds down.
Explore Washington’s Wilderness
November 15, 2014
Join NPCA, The Mountaineers, REI, The Wilderness Society, and other local organizations at the Seattle REI Flagship store on November 15 to Explore Washington's Wilderness.
Thursday, December 11, 2014
NPCA will be celebrating a year full of successes and volunteer involvement at the Klondike Gold Rush National Historic Park. We’ll enjoy a special after-hours viewing of the park exhibits, including a special tour with park Superintendent Jacqueline Ashwell. Please join us for some holiday cheer accompanied by drinks and desserts. For more information, contact Shannon Brundle at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 903-1457.
Organizations that hold related events in our region
- North Cascade Institute is dedicated to conserving and restoring Northwest environments through education. Programs and classes for all ages.
- Washington Trails Association is dedicated to preserving, enhancing and promoting hiking opportunities in Washington. Visit their website to learn about the best hikes, programs and opportunities to do trail work in local mountains.
- Earth Share of Washington. Visit Earth Share's website to learn about the latest news and events of Earth Share and its 29 Washington organizations. A schedule of workshops, lectures, trail maintenance work parties and more provides opportunities for all.
- Student Conservation Association is a nationwide force of high school and college-age volunteers who are committed to protecting and preserving the environment.
- Washington’s National Park Fund’s mission is to preserve and restore Mount Rainier, North Cascades and Olympic National Parks for current and future generations. The Fund goes beyond our National Parks’ operational work to develop creative partnerships that support Park preservation and restoration.
- The Mountaineers are dedicated to the preservation, exploration and enjoyment or outdoor and wilderness areas.