November – March 2014
Elwha: A River Reborn - exhibit at the Burke Museum
NPCA is partnering with the Burke Museum to offer our members reduced entry fee into the Elwha River exhibit. Contact Shannon Brundle for a 2-1 coupon at email@example.com or (206) 903-1457.
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Ghost Bears: Studying Grizzly and Black Bears in Washington’s North Cascades Ecosystem
Go behind the scenes with wildlife ecologist Dr. Bill Gaines as he discusses his three-year search for elusive grizzly bears in the North Cascades. Presentation TBD in Redmond. For more information, contact David Graves at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 903-1645.
Saturday, April 19, 2014
NPCA will be leading a group of volunteers to Olympic National Park for this annual event to remove litter from the coast. For more information, contact Shannon Brundle at email@example.com or (206) 903-1457.
May 17-20, 2014
Climate Action Ride
NPCA will be sending a team to ride from San Francisco to Sacramento to raise funds for groups working on climate change issues. To join the NPCA team, the only requirements are to choose NPCA as your team when registering and choose NPCA as your sole beneficiary or one of two beneficiaries and you will receive an NPCA bike jersey. Contact Shannon Brundle with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 903-1457.
Saturday, June 7, 2014
National Trails Day
Join NPCA for our annual trail maintenance volunteer event at North Cascades National Park. For more information, contact Shannon Brundle at email@example.com or (206) 903-1457.
July TBD, 2014
Revegetation for the Elwha River – Olympic greenhouse
NPCA will work with a small group of volunteers in the Olympic greenhouse transplanting starts that will eventually be planted along the Elwha River. Volunteers should come prepared with water, lunch, warm layers and a readiness to get dirty! To sign up or for more information, contact David Graves at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 903-1645.
Saturday, September 27, 2014
National Public Lands Day
NPCA will be working at Mount Rainier on a variety of projects such as trail maintenance, re-vegetation and campground cleanup. For more information, contact Shannon Brundle at email@example.com or (206) 903-1457.
Organizations that hold related events in our region
- North Cascade Institute is dedicated to conserving and restoring Northwest environments through education. Programs and classes for all ages.
- Washington Trails Association is dedicated to preserving, enhancing and promoting hiking opportunities in Washington. Visit their website to learn about the best hikes, programs and opportunities to do trail work in local mountains.
- Earth Share of Washington. Visit Earth Share's website to learn about the latest news and events of Earth Share and its 29 Washington organizations. A schedule of workshops, lectures, trail maintenance work parties and more provides opportunities for all.
- Student Conservation Association is a nationwide force of high school and college-age volunteers who are committed to protecting and preserving the environment.
- Washington’s National Park Fund’s mission is to preserve and restore Mount Rainier, North Cascades and Olympic National Parks for current and future generations. The Fund goes beyond our National Parks’ operational work to develop creative partnerships that support Park preservation and restoration.
- The Mountaineers are dedicated to the preservation, exploration and enjoyment or outdoor and wilderness areas.