National Trails Day
June 1, 2013
NPCA will be partnering with CoastSavers again this year to remove harmful debris from Washington beaches. The cleanup will be on Saturday April 20, 2013 from 7:30am-3:00pm. You can come on Friday or Saturday and enjoy free camping at front country campsites within the Olympic National Park on a first come first serve basis. We will conclude the event on Saturday with a celebratory BBQ. The cleanup is a fun opportunity to meet other NPCA volunteers, to get in a spring visit to the coast and provide a necessary service to the park. Please contact Shannon Brundle with any inquiries regarding this event: firstname.lastname@example.org, (206) 903-1457.
Organizations that hold related events in our region
- North Cascade Institute is dedicated to conserving and restoring Northwest environments through education. Programs and classes for all ages.
- Washington Trails Association is dedicated to preserving, enhancing and promoting hiking opportunities in Washington. Visit their website to learn about the best hikes, programs and opportunities to do trail work in local mountains.
- Earth Share of Washington. Visit Earth Share's website to learn about the latest news and events of Earth Share and its 29 Washington organizations. A schedule of workshops, lectures, trail maintenance work parties and more provides opportunities for all.
- Student Conservation Association is a nationwide force of high school and college-age volunteers who are committed to protecting and preserving the environment.
- Washington’s National Park Fund’s mission is to preserve and restore Mount Rainier, North Cascades and Olympic National Parks for current and future generations. The Fund goes beyond our National Parks’ operational work to develop creative partnerships that support Park preservation and restoration.
- The Mountaineers are dedicated to the preservation, exploration and enjoyment or outdoor and wilderness areas.