The National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA) is committed to using every dollar you donate efficiently and effectively. Our careful stewardship of your financial support is why we receive such high ratings from charity watchdog organizations. NPCA is recognized by Charity Navigator for exceeding industry standards and meets all of the Better Business Bureau (BBB) Wise Giving Alliance Standards for Charity Accountability.
During our last fiscal year, NPCA used 76% of our resources for our program and advocacy work. Charity Navigator and the Better Business Bureau applaud program efficiencies above 66%, meaning you can be confident that any investment in the National Parks Conservation Association will be put to good use.
In addition, our headquarters in Washington, DC is LEED Gold certified and designed to cut energy usage, reduce water consumption, and benefit from more natural light.
We’re proud of these accomplishments and work hard every day to earn your trust and support so that together we can protect and preserve our national parks for future generations.
Our Charity Ratings
NPCA is a BBB Wise Giving Alliance Accredited Charity. We meet all of the Alliance's Standards for Charity Accountability, which exist to help donors make informed giving decisions.
NPCA has also earned a high, three-star rating from Charity Navigator. We achieved this rating from America's premier independent charity evaluator because we exceed industry standards and outperform most other public charities in terms of efficiency, transparency, and financial health.
NPCA earned top-rated status from GreatNonprofits in 2012, and is one of only five of their top-rated environmental nonprofits in Washignton, DC.
Annual Report & Financials
Annual and financial reports allow us to report to you — the people who support us and make our work possible — on our recent achievements. Read our most recent annual report and download past reports:
2012 Annual Report
Download the 2012 Annual Report (PDF 5 MB)
- Download the 2011 Annual Report
- Download the 2010 Annual Report (PDF 5 MB)
- Download the 2009 Annual Report (PDF 803 KB)
- Download the 2008 Annual Report (PDF 4.7 MB)
- Download the 2007 Annual Report (PDF 1.4 MB)
- Download the 2006 Annual Report (PDF 4.1 MB)
Financial Report with Report of Independent Auditors:
- Download the 2012 Financial Report with Report of Independent_Auditors (PDF 259 KB)
- Download the 2011 Financial Report with Report of Independent_Auditors (PDF 636 KB)
- Download the 2010 Financial Report with Report of Independent_Auditors (PDF 580 KB)
- Download the 2009 Financial Report with Report of Independent_Auditors (PDF 4.7 MB)
- Download the 2011-2012 990 (PDF 2 MB)
- Download the 2010-2011 990 (PDF 371 KB)
- Download the 2009-2010 990 (PDF 1.25 MB)
- Download the 2008-2009 990 (PDF 498 KB)
- Download the 2007-2008 990 (PDF 2.9 MB)
- Download the 2006-2007 990 (PDF 457 KB)
The National Parks Conservation Association recognizes the trust you have placed in us and has established a comprehensive policy to protect your personal information.
Charitable Solicitation Disclosure
Financial information about the National Parks Conservation Association may be obtained by writing to us at 777 6th Street, NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20001 or calling 202.223.6722.
Federal Tax ID Number
The National Parks Conservation Association's federal tax ID number is 53-0225165.
Your Support Is Crucial
Please consider giving to NPCA in one of these easy ways:
- Donate online now. With our high charity ratings you can feel confident that you are helping to protect America’s treasured places. And you'll receive great benefits such as a subscription to our award-winning National Parks magazine!
- Become a monthly giver. You can provide the reliable support that is so vital to protecting our national parks when you join our monthly giving program.
- Give a gift membership. Give a friend or loved one the gift of America’s “best idea” with a gift membership to NPCA.
- More ways to protect the parks. Explore additional ways you can help support NPCA’s work.