Anyone’s first 90 days on the job can be overwhelming, but at NPCA we would like to assist you with making them a meaningful and fulfilling experience.
Your first day or two will be a blur, with lots of ups and downs and exposure to the company’s different departments and the organization's policies and procedures. NPCA’s normal hours of operation are 8:30AM to 5:00 p.m.; however, your arrival time for duty on your first day is based on a time your manager or HR has discussed with you. You will be welcomed by your manager with a schedule of events for the first couple of weeks that includes some of the following:
Your first week:
- Meeting your team members
- Meeting other departmental colleagues
- Orientation with your department, starting on a plan for the first few weeks
- Lunch with your team
- On-boarding orientation with a senior human resources coordinator that includes an explanation of medical and all other benefits, collecting HR paperwork, etc.
Your second week:
- Introduction to the “Buddy Program” someone who knows the company well will be assigned to you as your buddy.
- Orientation with IT, Payroll/Finance, and the Operations department
- Orientation to SharePoint/ParkPoint, NPCA’s intranet
Your third week:
- Get up to speed with your job and the organization’s strategy goals. (We encourage you to read as many documents about the organization as you can in order to understand the organization’s strategic priority goals and how your job contributes to them.)
- Attend as many meetings as possible to get oriented to the organization’s culture.
- Go out to lunch with your buddy for mentoring on various aspects of the organization. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Your fourth week:
- HR will conduct a 30-day check in to see how things are going. This is a time to ask questions; don’t feel you have to know everything right away.
- Set up regular meetings with your supervisor to make sure you have an understanding of your job expectations.
- Start to dig in to your projects and your job
Your second month:
- HR will conduct a 60-day check-in
- You’ll work with your manager to develop your IGP (Individual Goal Plan), and decide on your professional performance development plan.
Your third month:
- HR will conduct a 90-day check-in to rate your overall experience with your position, manager, colleagues, and the organization.
- Check to see if there is anything else that we can do to assist you with your job