NPCA staff share a deep understanding and pride of Core Values that define our culture and help make NPCA a more effective organization and a great place to work. The following core values embolden NPCA to achieve excellence; unite us with one another, our members, volunteers and partners; and fuel our commitment to become the catalyst and leader of a national parks movement that fulfills our shared mission to protect and enhance America’s national parks for present and future generations.
- Commitment to Mission: We believe that our personal passion for and professional commitment to the national parks is essential to our success.
- Empowerment: We believe that staff, members, volunteers, and partners must be provided with the facts, tools, skills, and inspiration to advocate on behalf of the national parks.
- Teamwork: We believe that effective teamwork, built on a fundamental trust in and respect for each other, is integral to our success and includes sincerely listening to each other, appreciating different opinions, sharing information and responsibility, and integrating our work across departments.
- Accountability: We believe in the importance of holding ourselves accountable to each other, our members, and the public, as well as to the excellence, timeliness, and integrity of our work, and the implementation of these core values.
- Innovation: We believe that it takes insightful creativity, perseverance, and strategic risk-taking to successfully complete our programs, processes, administration, and outreach.
- Diversity: We believe in and celebrate the diversity of cultural backgrounds, community traditions, and political perspectives at NPCA and in the National Park System, and believe that by integrating such diversity into our work, we will most effectively accomplish our mission.